Chief engineer for multi-purpose dry cargo vessel, gearless, Europe trade.
DWT: 11300 mt
Main engine: MAK 2970
Year built: 2012
Scope of Chief engineer responsibilities on Dutch dry cargo vessel :
“To manage the technical operation smooth and safely, within the limits of applicable law and arbitration, efficient and effective, in close cooperation with deck department, Fleet management, Crew management and (if applicable) third party charterers.
Operate technical equipment and systems in a safe way according company and suppliers instructions.
Act as an expert in operating and maintaining technical installations and systems in all situations.
Instructs, supports and evaluates others.
Keeps engine department administration updated.
Acts as an expert in operating and maintaining electric, electronic and control equipment and systems in all situations.
Acts as an expert in maintaining technical equipment and systems in the engine room and on deck.
• Certificate of Competency Chief Engineer, unlimited;
• Dutch endorsement, preferable;
• STCW required trainings and certificates;
• 2 year experience in this rank, of which at least 1 year relevant experience;
• Medical health certificate (Dutch-EU approved);
• Fluent in English both verbal and in writing.
• Competitive terms of employment with a long term commitment;
• Schedule 3-4 months on / 2 months off;
• Training and development opportunities;
• Rejoining bonus and pension fund scheme;
• National docs cost compensation;
• Family insurance pack;
• Salary eur 6500-7500 a month depends of experience.