Chief officer for multi-purpose dry cargo vessel, geared, worldwide sailing
DWT: 17323 mt,
Year built: 2014
Scope of Chief officer responsibilities on Dutch dry cargo vessel :
• “Takes charge of a navigation watch.
• Plans and affects all cargo handling operations. Ensures the quality of the cargo by safe and careful loading, carrying and discharging.
• Takes charge of a cargo operations watch.
• Ensure that the ship has adequate stability and stress.
• Maintains cargo handling and other administration and documentation.
• Act as Ship Security Officer as per ISPS / SSP as assigned by the Master.
• Manage the deck maintenance of the ship, including deck stores.
• Controls ballast water operations and the domestic water consumption.
• Maintains and controls ISM/SMS, MARPOL, MLC and other legislation to make sure the vessel is in compliance and ready for inspections at all times etc.”
• Certificate of Competency Chief Officer;
• Dutch endorsement preferable;
• At least two years experience in this rank, of which at least 1 year relevant experience;
• Cranes and project cargoes experience are an advantage;
• STCW required trainings and certificates;
• Medical health certificate (Dutch-EU approved)
• Fluent in English both verbal and in writing
• Competitive terms of employment with a long term commitment.
• Schedule 4 months on 2 months off
• Training and development opportunities
• Rejoining bonus and pension fund scheme
• National docs cost compensation;
• Family insurance pack;
• Salary negotiable, depending on experience.