Master for multi-purpose dry cargo vessel, gearless, Europe trade.
DWT: 14603 mt,
Year built: 2011
Scope of Master responsibilities on Dutch dry cargo vessel :
• “On behalf of owners, to command, manage and operate smooth and safely the dedicated ship, within the limits of applicable law and arbitration, efficient and effective and in close cooperation with Chartering department, Fleet management, Crew management and (if applicable) third party charterers.
• Loads, transports and discharges cargoes.
• Ensures a safe stowage of cargo.
• Keeps masters administration updated.
• Acts as an expert in maintaining technical equipment and systems in the engine room and on deck.
• Acts as an expert in safety and control on board. Instructs, supports and evaluates others.
• Works on complex and strategic solutions and coaches others to get solution focused.
• Promotes independence and self-confidence and leaves space for initiative and creativity.
• Reports to: Management Team Wagenborg Shipping, director chartering for chartering affairs, manager fleet management for technical affairs and manager crewing for crewing affairs.
• Leads: Directly chief officer, chief engineer and cook. More general leads all designates ships’ officers and crew, including (if applicable) apprentices and passengers.
• Certificate of Competency Master;
• Valid Dutch endorsement;
• At least two years experience in this rank, of which at least 1 year relevant experience;
• STCW required trainings and certificates;
• Medical health certificate (Dutch-EU approved)
• Fluent in English both verbal and in writing
• Competitive terms of employment with a long term commitment;
• Schedule 4 months on 2 months off;
• Training and development opportunities;
• Rejoining bonus and pension fund scheme;
• National docs cost compensation;
• Family insurance pack;
• Salary negotiable, depending on experience.